Monday, February 16, 2009

Amazing Race 14

Mother and son team Margie and Luke are out to prove that even though Luke is deaf they can still do anything the other teams can do. Photo from CBS.com


Hooray, my Sunday nights are saved by the return of the Amazing Race.

Teams started out from Los Alamitos, CA and headed to Lacarno, Switzerland. After flying to either Milan or Zurich, teams had to take a train the final length to Lacarno. The show doesn't often use trains, which I think is a shame for the teams because they kind of just get to sit back and really enjoy the sights around them while they're traveling (which to me is the best part of this realty show).

While traveling to Lacarno, my favorite quote of the episode came from Mike: "I think the other teams are going to think my dad is Cloris Leachman, but he's really McGyver." But coming in a close second was when the teams were introducing themselves and Steve pegged he and his wife Linda as "Hicks from the sticks."

During the first night teams had to camp out. There were lots of bugs flying around, so the camping part didn't look like much fun to me.

The first roadblock was to take a leap on the 2nd highest bungee jump in the world. As someone who has jumped from a plane at 15,000 feet up, I still don't think I could do the bungee jump. That looked REALLY scary.

After the bungee jump teams had to complete one of the funniest challenges I have seen in a while. At the top of a giant, grassy hill was a hut filled with 50 lb wheels of cheese. Each person was given a rickity looking wooded backpack and had to carry a total of 200 lbs (as a team) to the bottom. People were falling all over the place, wheels of cheese went crashing down the hill and the rickity looking backpacks were just that (and most ended up breaking immediately).

In the end mother and son team Margie and Luke made it to the pit stop first while bickering couple Preston and Jennifer were eliminated.

No comments: