Saturday, November 22, 2008

No more 'Pushing Daisies'

Lee Pace plays a pie maker who can bring people back to life, if only for a moment, in the wonderful show Pushing Daisies. Photo from pushing-daisies.com

One of the most offbeat and interesting shows on television has been cancelled and I am steamed over it. On Entertainmentweekly.com yesterday I read that ABC decided to give the boot to Pushing Daisies. If you are not a watcher of this show I suggest you add Season 1 to your Netflix list, because it is worth a watch (even knowing that it won't go any further than Season 2).

This show is unlike any other show out there. It's quirky, has imaginative sets and costumes, well designed characters, fascinating plot lines and of course, the adorable Lee Pace. While I thought Season 2 came back a little off the mark of last season, this past week's episode was right back on track. I laughed so much at the perfectly inserted one-liners and found myself completely enthralled with the story once again.

So thanks a lot ABC for taking this Wednesday night highlight away.

No comments: