Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Monday night meals


From Pillsbury.com
I've been craving pizza for some time and haven't made my own pizza at home for quite some time, so thought Monday night would be the perfect opportunity. I'd heard about ready made dough in the refrigerated section and thought that would be a good alternative to the Boboli pizza I've made in the past.
Ingredients used:
1 tube Pillsbury pizza crust
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup tomato sauce with garlic & basil
2 cups baby bella mushrooms, briefly sauteed in butter/garlic
2 cups artichoke hearts from the freezer section
1 spicy linguisa sausage
6 basal leaves torn
This pizza turned out really well. The dough was delicious. It was almost a cross between traditional pizza dough and a biscuit, which reminded me a lot of the dough used in the deep dish pizzas at Uno Chicago Grill, but not as greasy.
The final result:


I filled up on two slices after slicing 9 total pieces. I thought this would be the perfect leftover food for work this week, but after heating it in the microwave briefly the dough was REALLY soggy. It might be better re-heated in a toaster oven.

Recipe: ***1/2
Leftover stability: *1/2 (after heating in a microwave)
On TV: **** (Gossip Girl, Prison Break and Heroes -- great lineup)

No comments: